03/10/13

a bite to life, suburban stations


a bite to life, 
suburban stations


a bite to life
suburban stations
lives in transit
in transition

a breathless run through the station hallway to catch the train

 the train has already passed,
silence
quietness
and then waiting

I look around,
 I look for the bar of the station,
cigarette butts and dry leaves on the ground,
puddles,
 moisture in the air
early autumn air

there is a solitary train on the last track ,
 a regional one
 that stops just for a few seconds
‘cause this is a suburban station

 suburban station ,
here the tracks go through ,
the lives rush by 
scratching against the walls of the station hallway
 they do not begin nor end here
they 
do not end
here

passengers are in transit  ,
in transition 
evolution 
they pass by and wait
they wait just for the time needed to take the next train for who knows where
who knows
where

I step inside the bar,
I choose a sandwich
and sit at the table
 I look around
I see from through the steamed up window some bites of life out on the street
people walking by
commuters ,
students , employees,
returning home ,
elderly gentlemen
discussing about the road works going on right next to the newspaper kiosk ,
a stray dog
digging among the flowers of a flowerbed,
a lady slowly walking
 and sitting alone, reading a letter and wiping away a tear
drying out
a tear
sitting
alone

 I look away ,
I chew into the sandwich
a bite to life
I look around,
 then I look inside me
and I find there, feelings passing by,
 emotions in transit,
in transition
evolution
 but there is no hurry,
I have all the time in the world ,
 the journey is still long
 and I, like everyone here
I’m just passing through here,
I’m in transit
in transition
evolution

I consider
that life
is like a suburban station ,
the rails pass through ,
the lives rush by
scratching against the walls of the station hallway
they do not begin nor end here
they do not end
here
our lives
in transition
evolution

and I
I know
I remember now
the dry and salty taste
of nostalgia
nostalgia
of those stations in the suburbs
where I use to go 
many years ago

a bite to life
suburban stations 
lives in transit
in transition
evolution
and so be it

Marco Bo 
http://cantidallaperiferiadelmondo.blogspot.it/2013/10/un-morso-di-vita-stazioni-di-periferia.html






Nessun commento:

dialoghi con le periferie del mondo, cos'è la vita

sotto questo grigio cielo di periferia che cos'è la vita? è la cura donata e ricevuta in dono, un po' e un po' è un insieme di a...