05/04/13

song for the day of celebration



this is just a song for the day of celebration
what do we mean when we talk about defeating discrimination?

the blood is flowing in our veins
the same blood, the same colour
we come from the ground
we are made of the same mud

today is a celebration
today I’m singing 
I’m singing about a dream
the sun is shining
the heart powerfully beating 
let's you and I
overcome and beat discrimination!

don’t look bad at me
if my son and daughter cry of joy
 and jump all around
on this day of celebration
because today is a feast 
today is our celebration

what do we talk about when we talk about discrimination?

don’t stare at me 
 if you see me walking in the street 
 with dirty clothes on my way back from work
it’s work
it is holy work
holy work

don’t stare at me 
 if I laugh out loud
celebrating the arrival of a dear friend
he comes from far away
and it has been a long time 
and the time spent far away from one another
makes my  heart weak
makes my heart sick

don’t look away
 when you find me on your way
 I just smile and say good day!
today is a good day
and I am only a man 
a man like you
I'm just a man
my son is only a son
 a son like your son
and the children are our future
the common future of the world
the common future of us all

what do we talk about when we talk about discrimination?

the blood is flowing in our veins
the same blood, the same colour
we come from the ground
we are made of the same mud

today is a holiday
it’s a day of celebration 
today I’m singing
I’m singing about dream
while the sun shining
the heart is beating
and the blood flowing
in our veins flowing
flowing

what do we talk about when we talk about discrimination?

on the bus in the morning 
 don’t think twice, just sit by my side
sit by my side!
this place is free
 and you're welcome to sit next to me 
sit next to me !

don’t get nervous
 if with headphones and sadness in my heart
I chant my song
it is just a sad song
just an old song about my far away home
my far away home

what do we talk about when we talk about discrimination?

the blood is flowing in our veins
the same blood, the same colour
we come from the ground
we are made of the same mud

don’t laugh at the line of people out in the cold
waiting for a visa waiting for a residence permit 
waiting for a dream
 a permit for a dream
we are alone and we are far from home
far from home
what do we mean when we talk about defeating discrimination?

today I have a dream
I dream that one day
I will find a way to switch off forever
 this anxiety I carry inside,
 this fear that I feel deeply in my heart
 this fear that sometimes I fell only by breathing,
 when I walk in the streets,
 fear like a knife jammed in my chest 
stuck in my heart

I have a dream  today 
I dream for a day to be invisible
just for one day to be able to look at the world
and with no one looking at me, staring at me 
I dream one day to sit the sun and smile
and laugh, laugh without panic, anxiety or fear to raise my voice,
 and sing out loud
without fear or hunger in my heart

what do we mean when we talk about defeating discrimination?

today is a holiday
today I’m singing
I’m singing about a dream
while the sun shining
my heart is beating

the blood is flowing in our veins
the same blood, the same colour
we come from the ground
we are made of the same mud

I have a dream today
I dream a day of feast a day of celebration
I dream of walking by your side
walking by your side and by the hand
eyes wide open under the sun
and a smile to share like bread
a smile to share like bread
this is what we mean when we talk about defeating  discrimination
about defeating  discrimination 

song for the day of celebration
this is the beginning of the new world
this is the end of discrimination
this is a song for the day of celebration

the blood is flowing in our veins
the same blood, the same colour
we come from the ground
we are made of the same mud

Marco Bo

http://cantidallaperiferiadelmondo.blogspot.it/2013/01/canzone-per-il-giorno-di-festa-di-cosa.html



Nessun commento:

dialoghi con le periferie del mondo, cos'è la vita

sotto questo grigio cielo di periferia che cos'è la vita? è la cura donata e ricevuta in dono, un po' e un po' è un insieme di a...