22/12/17

song for Nicaragua


I'm a daughter and I'm a mother,
I know how hard it is to live from the fruit of the earth
mother earth sacred earth
wet womb that the river floods,
Nicaragua Nicaraguita free and fertile newborn land


I was born in the highlands of Carazo,
 al Cruzero, at the crossroads of the four winds
winds that descend and caress
the hills planted with plane trees and coffee


I'm a daughter and I'm a mother,
I know how hard it is to live from the fruit of the earth
mother earth  blessed earth
 wet womb that the river floods,
Nicaragua Nicaraguita free and fertile newborn land


and life is migration
life is a gentle walk along a sunny trial
and light my steps will take me  home at the end of the day
and light my steps will take me home at the end of the day


I'm a daughter and I'm a mother,
I know how hard it is to live from the fruit of the earth.
mother earth  blessed earth
wet womb that the river floods,
Nicaragua Nicaraguita free and fertile newborn land


I grew up with volcanoes on  my sight
you are never alone with the volcanoes nextby
their presence is sacred their presence is alive
 the lava and ash that caused death once
are now lifeblood of new life


I'm a daughter and I'm a mother,
I know how hard it is to live from the fruit of the earth
mother earth  blessed earth
wet womb that the river floods,

Nicaragua Nicaraguita free and fertile newborn land

sacred maiz and cocoa and sacred the rice of our land
as the sun and our pouring rain

with you I was raised and I feel like being sun,
lava and  lifeblood  of new life


I'm a daughter and I'm a mother,
I know how hard it is to live from the fruit of the earth
mother earth  blessed earth
 wet womb that the river floods,
Nicaragua Nicaraguita free and fertile newborn land


and life is migration
life is a gentle walk along a sunny way
and light my steps will take me home at the end of the day
and light my steps will take me home at the end of the day


Marco Bo

Nessun commento:

dialoghi con le periferie del mondo, cos'è la vita

sotto questo grigio cielo di periferia che cos'è la vita? è la cura donata e ricevuta in dono, un po' e un po' è un insieme di a...